Pastificio has introduced voluntary measures to reduce the ecological footprint of its business activities.
Reducing our ecological footprint, a real vision for the future.
- Replacement of the old oil-fired boiler by a gas boiler that is more efficient and produces less CO2 emissions.
- New refrigeration plant with heat recovery and CO2 refrigeration (1,000 times less greenhouse impact than with traditional refrigeration).
- Installation of a biomass boiler for testing by the copany Biom.
- Use of green electricity via our supplier who provides us with 100% green energy.
- Sorting of cardboard, paper, plastics, glass and metals for recycling.
- Reduction of disposable packaging: use of reusable trays for consignments (32% of production) and supplies, vacuum packing of certain products in order to use less packaging.
- Recycling of organic waste (pasta, etc.): as it decomposes, this waste produces a gas called methane. This gas is recovered and used as fuel in a bio-methanisation unit.
- Collection of rainwater: two rainwater tanks (50,000 litres in total) provide all non-drinkable water.
- Use of chemical free cleaning products, based on natural ingredients (linseed oil, essential oils, etc.) and enzymes.
- Improvement of the building’s thermal insulation: creation of new offices with wood wool insulation, reinforcement of the insulation of all exterior walls, ongoing replacement of window frames.